So it’s Saturday, but most will wake up to this post so here it goes.
In March I will begin a very intense writing challenge which will limit my time here with you all. So the compromise is that I will aim at doing one very structured post.
Since this is the first, this week will simply be about me. Six things you probably do not already know about me.
- I can say “Hello. How are you. I am good. I am tired.” in six different languages. Enough to make a person otherwise isolated smile at my attempt at relating. These six languages include English, Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian, and Swahili (my personal favorite). The funny thing is, if you have watched the movie Lion King, you know far more Swahili than you think. Simba= Lion. Rafiki= Monkey. Hakunah Matata really means “No worries”. lol Isn’t that fun?!!? In the hospital where I work, there are many African immagrants and they typically speak French or Swahili. When you say hello in their native language their faces light up. It’s so fun.
- I once turned in a human jaw bone belonging to a 200 year old Native American man to the coroner’s office. This is a looong story for another time.
- I once physically took two children from their home and placed them into protective custody. This is a sad and frustrating story of a young woman mentally unfit to care for her own kids. I would not be in the least bit surprised if they never made back to her. Sweetest kids ever and I was 6 months pregnant and managed to hold it together. Ugh.
- I once served someone divorce papers. Very awkward, but he was expecting them.
- I have only been a writer for two years. This is how long I have been working on my current novel. I get stuck on character interactions in difficult situations.
- Coffee means sooooo much to me. I can go without it, but there is a sense of calm and security it brings me that If it came down to my health or coffee, I would have to make a few compromises. Sometimes I drink decaf if I get a late night craving because it is far more about the taste and experience than the caffeine involve. I would just consider that a perk at this point.
So now you know a little about me. Want more 6 facts? What subjects would you like to see? Later posts might include:
“Six Facts About Civilian Life After the Military”
“Six Facts About Solo Parenting”
“Six Facts About Sleep Deprivation”
Lawd I think I have my month planned out. Cheers!!
There is still time to enter into the Give-Away!
How do I enter???
First- Follow my blog by clicking the “+Follow” button at the bottom right side of your screen.
Reblog your favorite Britestfyrefly post on your own page and link it back to me so I know who you are.
Share the link to one of your favorite posts on Facebook and tag me.
Email the link to your favorite post to a few people and CC me.
You may share as much as you want. Each link shared will get you an entry into the drawing which will happen Live on Facebook on February 28th and be posted and shared later that day.
Good luck everyone and Thank you all for all of your support through the last couple of years. A writer is nothing without readers