Jules of Jules Rules Blog nominated me for the Mystery Blogger’s award. She was one of the first bloggers I ever followed and actually interacted with. I was hoping she would move to Colorado, but only Californians would be so lucky to receive this woman. I cannot say enough awesome things about her, as she has been role model for me in the blogging and publishing community (Bet you did not know any of this, Jules).
As part of this award, I have to answer her 5 questions. If not Jesus won’t give me a hundred million dollars under my pillow when my teeth fall out.
But you get the idea. It’s an honor to reciprocate this award, but there is a little more to it:
- Post the award/ image on your blog (see above)
- Thank whoever nominated you and give a link back to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and give a link back to their blog.
- Nominate 10-20 deserving bloggers and notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice; including one weird or funny question
This award was created by Okoto Enigma and you can find her blog HERE.
Here are the questions Jules has asked:
- What is your happiest memory?
This is a tough one. You would think that marriage and child birth would be among the most happy memories, but each of these are shrouded with some sort of sadness. Or maybe that’s just where I am at today.
My husband and I had a pre-wedding honeymoon to Florida the October before our wedding. We spent ten days in a condo 100% free of charge. We went to all of the Disney parks and Universal. We drank. We ate. We started watching American an Horror Story which was too scary to watch while he was sleeping so I had to turn off the first episode and wait to watch it until we got home. This vacation was easily one of the happiest times in my life.
2. What is your passion? This is, if you had a Mission Statement for your life, what would it be?
My passion is being a mother to my children. Everything I do: work, write, sleep, cook, clean, even drink, is because of them. Everything I am revolves around these two people. My husband is my partner in this journey and he really just keeps me healthy enough to be the best mom I can. Jesus I love my family so much it hurts.
3. If you had a million dollars and had to spend it in a month, what would you buy and why?
This is easy because we have this conversation regularly. We would pay off the house we currently live in and remodel it to be everything we want. If we made 2 million, we’d move to the good part of town, but where we live is nice enough to stick it out for the long haul of life. I would not mind having the most expensive house on the block.
4. If you were a superhero, what would be your power and why?
I would be able to tell when people are lying. I would not want to read their minds, but maybe have a spider sense that could tell me when they weren’t being honest. Integrity is a value I hold very dear. We all make mistakes, but it says something to one’s character if they can own it.
5. What was your best blog, or the one of which you are most proud?
Oh Father, Where Art Thou? is the blog I am most proud of . The journey to having a meaningful relationship with my dad led me to places in the world that most cannot relate or fathom. I would not have met my husband, friends, and moved to the places that molded my adult life. Being able to walk back through this path and bring others with me meant a lot.
As part of this award, I must nominate fellow bloggers. I ‘follow’ quite a few, but I think nominating so many diminishes the honor. That being said, I would like to nominate:
- Liberty Hedwick of Liberty On the Lighter Side
- Amanda Swedhin of What’s After 30
- Andrew of Life Between 0 and 1
- Laina of the silent wave
- Kiwinadian of Where is My Glow?
- Angie Dokos
- Liz Durano
- Teresa of Teresa’s Creations
- Cheila of Pink For Days
- Stevi– heeheehee Gotcha!!!!
My questions for you folks are:
- If your blog had a theme song, what would it be and why?
- What is your writing routine? Do you have one? Should you have one? What would be your ideal writing life?
- In the movie of your life, what actor could best portray you?
- What are you currently reading?
- Describe the most trying time of your life.
Thank you Jules. I can’t even believe you thought of me.. Pasadena isn’t Colorado but good luck to you!!