Last year I lost 20 pounds on a KETO diet.
Though it is super effective, experts recommend not using it as a “lifestyle” diet. So naturally I took a break during the holidays and carb-ed it up. Breads, sugar, beer. I did not go overboard, but I enjoyed myself.
I started back to the gym and back on my keto diet today. We’re taking a vacation to Vegas for the first time and I really want to look killer. But because my week long New Years hangover, I am a little behind.
This weekend I made my two quick stable meals that will last me most of the week. I wrote about them HERE. I also rely on sugar free coffee to get me through my morning fasting time; my first meal usually being eaten between noon and two.
When you get out of Ketosis, a lot of people see positive changes. I had some positive things and negative ones during my month off.
- I can comfortably wear medium yoga pants. After 20 pounds, all my large yoga pants are too big. I still have a substantial backside, but its more tone.
- I DROPPED AN ENTIRE CUP SIZE!!! This is a huge accomplishment for me. I’ve always been nicely proportioned, but with every child my boobs grew an entire cup each and never went back down. (So I went from a perky D, to a DD, to a DDD). It might be a silly fitness goal, but I spent so much money on expensive bras in my twenties, that it’s more practical to just lose the weight.
- Since I have stopped working out, I am not completely exhausted at the end of the day. With my added social media exposure, I have found myself anxious about public opinion which translates into some crazy dreams.
- Crazy Dream 1: Angelina Jolie is in my house, filming a commercial with mine and my BFFs kids (Lord knows that she has plenty to use her own but okay). Apparently she does not do improv and made me hand write a full commercial script on the spot. “Just write EXACTLY what you want me to say.” This might not seem stressful to you, but the woman is intimidating… even in my dream.
- Crazy Dream 2: I’m in Harry Potter and Death Eaters are chancing me through my neighborhood. I finally cut into a cemetary and hide in a child’s casket (which the deceased child inside). The weirdest thing about the casket was there were eye holes cut out of the lid. *shudders*
- Crazy Dream 3: I dreamt that I had a HUGE aquarium in my home. So big that it flowed in a circle so that the animals swam by. There were giant pythons, komodo dragons, even a morbidly obese dog swimming inside. Like he was all nose and then this fat body.
What I am trying to say is, I haven’t been sleeping well. So now that I started getting up earlier and going to the gym, I should sleep like a baby.
Did you set fitness goals this year? Are you procrastinating on starting? I’m not judging. Tomorrows as good a day as any!
Don’t forget to subscribe here!