Yup, I won a Liebster award!
Thank you, Liz Durano, for nominating me. Maybe you did not realize what a down right prude I am, so I’ll do my best to answer every single one. *blushes*
There are however rules so here they are:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you (done – see above), and post a link to their blog on your blog (done);
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.);
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you;
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself;
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!);
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer; OR
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.)
- Once you have written and published it, you then have to inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Let’s start with the questions:
- How public are you with your blogging? Do you keep it a secret or do your family and friends know all about it?
I have always been very public with my blog. I hope to inspire others to write, speak out about matters of their heart, and provide solidarity to others.
- What is your dream job?
To be an author! And as of last month, I was officially able to change my profession. I still feel like an imposter. One day it will sink in.
- What physical part of your significant other is your favourite?
I like his overall build. I am far too embarrassed to say much more. He fits me and that’s what matters.
- What human characteristic is the most important?
A strong moral compass. I think that if a person genuinely strives to do good, that is important. No one should go out of their way to screw someone over and be hateful/ hurtful.
- What prompted you to start blogging?
Over two years ago, I started my book Apparent Power and hit a hard writer’s block. To solve it, I decided to start blogging and work on other small projects to learn my way out of the block. It evolved into my life line, an outlet for me to release the strong emotions I have all pent up.
- Have you any piercings? If not, would you like to have some?
I only ever had my ears pierced. My first set I got when I was 10, then in my teens, I stretched them out big enough to fit a #2 pencil through. They’ve shrunk back down since then. I did pierce my ears a second time but they closed up soon after.
- What hobby do you have that embarrasses you?
I’m not too private about hobbies, and I have many. One might be buying my friend’s book and taking way too long to read them. I had to resolve to read more this year. When I read, I feel guilty for not writing. Writing took priority over many other hobbies last year.
- What part of the world do you most want to visit before you die?
I want to visit my good friend Max in New Zealand and my writing buddy, Liberty in Ireland.
- Do you have any tattoos? What might prompt you to get one?
My tattoo stories are so dumb. I might as well write a whole post about my dumb tattoos. Anyone that knows me is audibly laughing as they read this.
I do have one very pretty tattoo of a song bird surrounded by ivy vines and musical notes on my right side. It spans from my bra line to my waist. It is in full color and took 7 hours in one sitting.
- Do you have sexual fantasies or dreams? Can you share one?
Answers: Yes and No. But I will tell you a story. I am such a prude, writing naughty scenes make me so uncomfortable. But in AP I wrote two very racey and graphic scenes. My acquisitions editor told me that she would love to publish my book if I took them out. My replay was “If signing with you means I never have to write another sex scene, sign me up!” and the rest is history.
11.What is the sexiest piece of clothing/outfit you own? Have you ever worn it out in public?
Probably a slutty steam punk Halloween costume that I have worn in public.
Random facts about myself:
- I am an awesome extrovert but a closet introvert. I’ll be the life of the party… if I ever come.
- People who have heard me sing karaoke claim I am awesome, but the truth is, I only have like three songs that I absolutely kill. Otherwise I’m just and average singer.
- I had a rock and roll themed wedding. Instead of blowing bubbles or throwing rice, the attendees help up custom liters which also served as their wedding favors.
- I really enjoy moving to a new place. I’ve done it every three years since I was born. We bought our forever home four years ago. Now renovation is my only option. I think I am okay with it, but know the inch to move will come back.
- Most of the décor in my home is handmade or thrifted.
- I spend a decent amount of money on personal planners every year. I buy pens and stickers to go in them, and I actually use almost every inch of every page. I enjoy doing all the things, but I must keep track so I don’t fall behind. School is a big one.
- I don’t share this on my blog, but I am a disable veteran. Nothing to do with sexual trauma or PTSD. Being 5’2” in the military for 10 years starts to wear on your body. They don’t make “female combat loads” or “female body armor” or “female ruck weight requirements”.
- I gave the band Vertical Horizon a tour through the hospital I worked in when I was deployed to southern Iraq. I felt bad for not knowing any of their current music, so I downloaded the album and listen to it on repeat until their concert for the troops later that evening. I do this when I know I am going to meet famous people. I’ll google the crap out of them. Not in a stalker kind of way, but enough to not make a complete idiot out of myself.
- I never finished formal high school. I probably failed my sophomore year for never showing up. If I passed anything, it was English. I got my GED at a community college and had a fulltime job a month before I turned 18. I am fortunate that it never held me back from work or advancement. Now I am working on my English degree to be a more credible source in my industry.
- I suck at writing poetry. In my younger years, it was second nature. Now, I don’t “feel” as much. I have been so conditioned to get over things and move on, to hurry up and be okay, that I rarely take a moment to articulate in poetry, how I am feeling. Last poem I wrote was for my kids as a school assignment.
- Ummmm, I smoked cigarettes for 15 years. I quit Mother’s Day weekend 2014 after I got a strange cough. I was terrified that it was cancer and my son would grow up without a mother. Haven’t touched one since.
Alright, so now the nominations:
And last but not least Liberty..
I know these questions are super racy. Be creative while maintaining your modesty lol